"1. You need The Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package installs runtime components of Visual C++ Libraries required to run applications developed with Visual C++ on a computer that does not have Visual C++ 2010 installed.
Get it here http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=5555
2. You need Hamachi pick the unmanaged one Get it here https://secure.logmein.com/products/hamachi/download.aspx
3. Ikemen, ver. 2011.11.03 Get it here http://code.google.com/p/ikemen/downloads/list
4. You're ip address so you can send it to your friend. Find your ip by going to Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network and Sharing Center and clicking on "See full map" A screen should come up with a picture of a computer with your pc name on it. Just hold you cursor of in and look for IPV4 18.104.22.168 the number in red is what your Ip should like.
5. Setup the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010.
6. Setup Hamachi and unblock it.
7. Unpacked Ikemen.
8. To put new mugen characters they go inside of the chars file and to add them go to script file and open select and input their names to complete the setup. P.S you and your friend must have the same version of mugen characters in Ikemen.
9. Star Ikemen go to net play and hit a, do not type in to the box if you are going to host just hit ok and there will be a message say "Now Connecting ... 7500. The player who is joining your game must input the ip that you gave him into the box
10. Star Hamachi make a network and they send your friend the name of your network and its password and all he or she has to do to play with you is open Ikemen and and input your ip in to the net play box and hit ok"